Among Americans, around 64 percent plan to go on a summer weekend getaway annually. A summer trip would likely be one of several weekend getaways throughout the year, as more than 40 percent of adult travelers under the age of 60 reported taking a weekend vacation multiple times a year. The average distance traveled for each trip is around 3 hours.
AGE GROUP INSIGHTS
The 18 to 32 years and 33 to 50 years age groups hold more than 75.0% of the market share. The growth is majorly driven by rising trend of alternative vacationing and camping, influence of social media and internet, and high awareness among young users. The 18 to 32 held the largest market share in 2018 and is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecasted period. Factors such as availability of time, preference for experience over possessions, and willingness to spend on luxury travel are projected to boost the growth.
The 33 to 50 year age group is expected to be the second fastest growing segment over the forecast period, attributed to financial freedom and high expenditure power. Rising influence of social media and availability of customizable hospitality experiences are anticipated to further fuel the growth of the our industry. However, busy working schedule may restrain the growth to an extent.
- The closest populations to our property include:
- Reno, NV (425,417 metro area population)
- Bend, OR (165,954 metro area population)
- Medford, OR (228,545 metro area population)
- Klamath Falls, OR (66,018 metro area population)
- Ashland, OR (21,117 population)
- Lake County, OR (7,441 population)
- Modoc County CA(8,859 population)
All of these locations are comfortably within driving distance of our location.
Hunter’s Hot Springs is the closest hot spring resort destination to over ten cities and towns, whose collective populations make up more than 1 million people. The Lakeview hotel market also receives significant demand from transient customers and groups, as well as employees of state and federal agencies that have hubs in the region.
Furthermore, our proximity to highway 395 provides us with a great opportunity to welcome walk-in customers to every part of our business. According to the Oregon Department of Transport (ODOT) 2018 “State Highway Traffic Volume Report,” 236,440 vehicles passed by our property on highway 395 that year. These numbers are expected to grow year upon year.
Because of its mountainous surroundings, Lakeview has a seasonal tourism and hospitality market with a high season that spans late spring, summer and fall (May–October). Early spring and late fall are the shoulder seasons, and the low season is winter (January and February).
The opportunity exists to increase market demand during the shoulder and low seasons by focusing on promoting group business. This could include offering retreat packages centered around food, arts, wellness, education and winter mountain activities such as skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling at the nearby warner canyon ski area.
We will work with group retreat specialists to introduce retreat packages, experiences and getaways.
18088 N HWY 395 Lakeview, OR 97630
Among Americans, around 64 percent plan to go on a summer weekend getaway annually. A summer trip would likely be one of several weekend getaways throughout the year, as more than 40 percent of adult travelers under the age of 60 reported taking a weekend vacation multiple times a year. The average distance traveled for each trip is 3 hours or more.
- We are located in Lakeview, Oregon, directly on HWY 395, two miles north of downtown.
- We are at the base of the Warner Mountains at an elevation of 4,800 ft. You can be hiking within minutes and we are only a minute’s drive from the Warner Canyon ski area.
- We are connected to two major highways into Lakeview: Highway 140 and Highway 395.
- We are 57 miles from Alturas, CA (1 hour)
- We are 75 miles from Klamath Falls, OR (1.25 hours)
- We are 130 miles from Bend, OR (2.75 hours)
- We are 162 miles from Ashland, OR (3.25 hours)
- We are 177 miles from Medford, OR (3.25 hours)
- We are 201 miles from Redding, CA (3.5 hours)
- We are 228 miles from Reno, NV (3.75 hours)
- We are in some of Oregon’s most beautiful country, dubbed “Oregon’s Outback”. It would take someone a lifetime to explore all the magnificent wilderness that surrounds us.